5.26.2014

The Best Snickerdoodles Ever!

My daughter and I just made the best snickerdoodles ever for Memorial Day!



Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Mix together and set aside:

3 C all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

In another bowl, mix together until smooth:

2 sticks of non-salted butter, melted and cooled
2/3 C dark brown sugar, lightly packed
1 C granulated sugar

Stir into butter/sugar mix:

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Gradually add flour mix to sugar mix until dough forms.

Mix together:

8 Tbsp granulated sugar
4 tsp ground cinnamon

Form dough into 2 Tbsp portions, roll in sugar/cinnamon
mix, and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. The original recipe I adapted this recipe from suggested baking the cookies for 12 - 14 minutes at 300 degrees F, but I found because of the low baking temperature, it took my oven between 15 - 16 minutes to bake. Don't over bake. Cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire baking rack to set.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving your comments. I love hearing from my readers and appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...